* Lime every year at the rate of 5 kg per 10 sq m (10 lbs per 100 sq ft).
* Fertilize in the spring, again in midsummer, and in September with 15-5-15 fertilizer at the rate, each time, of 1.5 kg per 10 sq m (3 lbs per 100 sq ft).
* Mow the grass as high as possible and mow often so that only the top third of the grass is removed. At least 5 cm (2 in) of green grass should remain after mowing.
* Rake out moss and reseed if necessary following the instructions for seeding.
* It is best to remove weeds manually, especially if the lawn contains clover.