* A seed mixture of 40% Kentucky bluegrass, 40% creeping red fescue and 20% annual ryegrass is recommended.
* Large stones should be raked from the surface.
* Before seeding, apply lime at the rate of 5 kg per 10 sq m (10 lbs per 100 sq ft) and rake in 6-12-12 fertilizer at the rate of 2 kg per 10 sq m (4 lbs per 100 sq ft).
* Spread the seed at the rate of 2 kg per 100 sq m (4 lbs per 1000 sq ft) and lightly rake it into the soil.* If the soil surface dries out, apply water to help the seed germinate.
* Mow the new grass when it gets about 8 cm (3 in) high. Set the lawnmower wheels to the maximum height and keep the blades sharp.
* Apply 15-5-15 fertilizer after the first mowing at the rate of 1.5 kg per 10 sq m (3 lbs per 100 sq ft).